A Sample of Joseph Smith's
to gather to Independence, Mo. and build Temple (D&C 84)
No longer teach the gathering and temple never built.
- Zion (Independence, Mo.) can not
fall (D&C 97:19)
- Army to redeem Zion (Independence,
MO) (D&C 103)
Mission unsuccessful. V.30-34 God seems to be unsure about how large an
army to raise.
- Civil War Prophecy (D&C 87)
England and other nations did not join in.
- United Order (D&C 104)
V.1 Commanded as everlasting order; V.48 & 53 dissolved and reorganized.
- Riches of Salem to pay church debt (D&C 111)
No riches found, debts not
- Apostle Patten to go on mission in
Spring 1839 (D&C 114)
He was shot in Oct. of
1838. Wouldn't God have known he was going to die before
the next spring?
- New gathering place and temple in Far
West (D&C 115)
LDS driven out,
never built the temple.
- Build a temple in Nauvoo and house for
Smiths (D&C 124)
Temple and house not
- Christ to return in 1890-1891 period (D&C 130:14-15)
Christ did not return.
- US Government must redress wrongs or be destroyed
(History of the Church, vol.5, p.394,
vol.6, p.116 and Millennial Star, vol.22, p.455.)
It doesn't and is not destroyed.
- Three grand keys to test Messengers (D&C 129)
No known reference where
any LDS church leader ever used this test. Does God give
Also see: How Do We Test a
Go to Online Resoures
Home | FAQs
| What's New | Topical Index
| Testimony | Newsletters
| Online Resources | Online Books | Booklist
| Order/Contact | Email
| Other Websites