||A Ready Defense: The Best of Josh McDowell
||Thomas Nelson Publishers
||Compiled by Bill Wilson
An easy-reference encyclopedia of historical, scientific and philosophical
evidences affirming the validity of the Christian faith.
Table of Contents
- He Changed My Life
Section 1: The Bible and Its Reliability
- Part I: The BibleI Trust It!
- Is the Bible Relevant Today?
- The Uniqueness of the Bible
- Who Decided What to Accept Into the Bible?
- Is the Bible Reliable?
- Old Testament Prophecy Fulfilled in History
- Is the New Testament Historically Reliable?
- Archaeological Evidence for the Reliability of the Old Testament
- Archaeological Evidence for the Reliability of the New Testament
- Part II: Answering the Bible's Critics
- How Can You Believe in Miracles?
- What About All Those Contradictions?
- What Is Higher Criticism?
- The Documentary Hypothesis
- Is the New Testament Filled With Myths?
- Inspiration of the Bible
- Interpreting the Bible
Section 2: JesusHis Humanity and Deity
- Was Jesus Born of a Virgin?
- The Historicity of Jesus
- Messianic Prophecies Fulfilled in Jesus
- The Resurrection of Jesus
- The TrilemmaLord, Liar or Lunatic?
- Is Jesus Both Messiah and God?
- ConclusionA New Beginning
Section 3: Christianity Compared With Other Religions
- Part I: Non-Christian Religions:
- Part II: Secular Religions:
- Agnosticism, Atheism and Secular Humanism
- Part III: Cults:
- Jehovah's Witnesses
- Other Popular Cults
- Part IV: The Occult
- The Occult Phenomena
- Satanism and Demon Possession
- False Prophets
- The Authority of the Believer
Section 4: Questions Most Asked About Christianity
- Questions About God
- Questions About Faith and Reason
Section 5: The Uniqueness of the Christian Experience
- Is the Christian Experience Just a Delusion?
- Did You Hear What Happened to Saul?
- Martyrs and Confessors
- Still Changing Lives
Appendix: Would You Like to Know God Personally?
Authors Only | Authors with Titles | Titles
by Category | Titles Only
Home | FAQs
| What's New | Topical Index | Testimony
| Newsletters | Online Resources | Online Books | Booklist
| Order/Contact | Email
| Other Websites