"Beginning with George Washington, more than 14
presidents, 42 Supreme Court justices, numerous members of congress, and
people such as Mark Twain and Douglas MacArthur have been affiliated with
Masonry. But what is Freemasonry? Is it more than just a benevolent
"The Facts on the Masonic Lodge explores Masonry's
teachings and provides concise, straightforward answers to questions that
- Why is understanding Freemasonry important today?
- What do the Masons teach about Jesus, salvation, and
life after death?
- What do Masonic symbols represent?
- Are Masonry and Christianity compatible?
"Researchers John Ankerberg and John Weldon provide
well-documented facts and comprehensive comparisons with biblical truths to
help you objectively evaluate Masonry and its influence in your life and in
the Christian church." (From back cover.)
Table of Contents
Section I: Introduction to Masonry
- What is Masonry?
- What is the final authority for the teachings presented
in each Masonic Lodge?
- Which books and authors have been recommended by the
Grand Lodges as being authoritative for Masons?
- What are the Blue Lodge, the Scottish Rite, and the
Section II: Is Freemasonry a Religion?
- Is Freemasonry another religion?
- Does the Masonic Lodge teach its own plan of
- Does the creed of the Masonic Lodge prove that it is
- Does the Masonic Lodge have its own distinct
doctrinal statement like a church does?
- Can any Mason honestly claim that the Lodge has no
theology of its own?
- Is the Ritual that is practiced in every Masonic
Lodge really worship?
- Does the Masonic Lodge have religious symbols just
like those found in a church or synagogue?
- Should the Masonic Lodge be identified as a religion
if it does not choose to identify itself as a religion?
- Does Freemasonry conflict with other religions such
Section III: Where Does the Masonic Ritual Conflict
with the Bible?
- The Masonic Lodge teaches that all men, including
Christians, live in spiritual darkness until they enter and become
members of the Lodge. Is this biblical?
- Masons teach and believe in a universal Fatherhood
of God and brotherhood of man. Is this biblical?
- Masonry teaches that the God of the Bible is the
God of the Masonic Lodge. Is this true?
- The Masonic Lodge teaches that the Bible is only a
symbol of the will of God and not to be literally obeyed. Is this
- The Masonic Lodge teaches that salvation and
residence in the "Celestial Lodge Above" may be gained by Masons doing
good works. Is this biblical?
- If a Mason has sworn allegiance to the Lodge,
should he break his oaths?